Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

I am in the land of colonial aggression for this year's celebration of independence. I had to work today, in fact, not only did I have to work, but I had my yearly performance appraisal. The review went well and they have "promoted" me to create an IT Procurement department next FY in addition to my current managerial responsibilities. Previously, my team had 35% of my time (according to my accountabilities); now they will get 15%. It's a good thing I've invested a lot of time to ensure they're semi-autonomous. Now I have to hire more people and train them up to my vision which takes several months of effort since I'm virtual. Also, have to implement a global e-procurement system to interface with SAP. I have hinted quite strongly that a significant pay inrease should accompany this turn of events-- the next few weeks will tell. Either way, I have soaked them extensively for training in this upcoming FY. Muhahaha, one way or another, I'm going to benefit.

Cheers,
brio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home