Monday, May 15, 2006

what to believe

almost everything reminds me of you
I see your face many times a day--
my heart leaps
and then it's someone else.

better with pure memory
than fickle reality.

lion's mane disarrayed on pillows,
hands interlocked on sheets,
and fixed blue smiling on me
stirs a warm upside down world
that owns the moment
just as it owns my heart.


* - ended up going with gustav klimt on this one; i like the ethereal feeling that this painting gives and was the reason it was selected. others considered: edgar degas and any of his bath scenes, woman by shashin, woman by amedeo modigliani, and woman kneeling by michael austin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Adagio said...

i really like the notion that memory can 'own the moment'. yes, i certainly identify with that.

greetings from swanson, nz.

adagio

16 May, 2006 19:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home