Wednesday, March 29, 2006

IAD!

Hanging out in the red carpet lounge (D concourse, much nicer than the other two in C)-- I've been here about 2 hours now. Caught the 0600 flight (got up at 0400) and am just counting down the hours until my parents arrive early this afternoon.

I was supposed to have a phone call with my boss this morning who I haven't talked to in about 2 weeks, but even though he accepted the meeting, he didn't really. Yeah, me too. I pushed the phone call even though he was trying to get off to make sure that he did the 2 things that I needed while I'm on vacation (yep, day 3 of it, who would've guessed). I may have been a little too blunt on the second issue. Impatience from 4 months of watching certain people screw with progress tends to aggravate me occasionally. I think I'm on the downslope with this-- usually, I'm very balanced, diplomatic, urbane. All sorts of wonderful adjectives that describe a middle manager who knows how to expertly achieve his objectives through the scorched land of bureaucratic private enterprise, outright incompetence, and leadership? (that's one word, the punctuation is inclusive). Lately, I find my patience fraying on occasion. It's ironic, I spend so much of my time keeping the glue together with others who are baying to become frothing malcontents. I guess this is the disadvantage when you have no one gluing the gluer (new word?). Anyway, I wasn't rude or boorish or anything so simple, but I felt a delicious sense of antiphrasis as this self-proclaimed tough-talking, former football (football = soccer) director abruptly ended the phone call at my pointed (and herewith summarized) exposition,
"why is he involved in this at all?"
"well, do you want to do it." [that should be a question, but I felt he meant it as a statement]
"yes, give it to me; i'll get it done." [I took it the way I wanted to]
"bye."
"bye."


=) ah, progress. in reality, the he will waffle, tap-dance, and any other verb that describes his ability to continue to halt progress through sheer ego and incompetence while maintaining control.

ah, catharsis. of that, we can be assured for now-- the reliable scourge that prevents us from those nascent nihilistic tendencies.

--brio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home