Friday, February 24, 2006

Another day


Although it may just be another day, it actually got off to a different start. I missed my alarm this morning-- it was turned off for some reason. I woke up on my own about 0645 and biked off to work. I might be tempting Odin on this one because it's overcast and smells of rain. Reminds me of the rain dance we used to do at West Point-- we had rotating parades among the different regiments on Saturday mornings. Always a big tourist event to come and watch us in our anachronistic, high-necked, wool uniforms march around like toy soldiers. It's funny how good you get at goofing off while doing something like that completely invisible to external observation. It's not so funny to march around in that kind of uniform with a black tarbucket on your head in humid, 90+ degree NY weather. Anyway, these parades could only be cancelled by one thing: almighty, refreshing, wonderful, wonderful rain. Well, what better demigod to sacrifice and attempt to placate than the Norse God of War? You're of course wondering, all right already, what was the stupid dance? Very prescient of you. It was a stupid dance. The highest-level of the dance would be the naked rain dance: you would put on your tarbucket and cartridge belt and your birthday suit and cavort around your room with your rifle praying/singing for salvation the next day. Note: this had to be the night before and was usually done fairly late. Lesser forms involved more clothing.

Well, while looking for pics, I came across pictures from graduation. See if you can find me, I'm in both of them (I know, one is easier to figure out...) Al Gore was our speaker. Hmm, this guy looks familiar, funny how quickly things change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home