Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Great American Novel

Friday, 4am, the inspiration I have been waiting for years for finally struck. I always knew roughly what I wanted to do and what I wanted it to be about, but could never get it off the ground. You need the right beginning, and not just the beginning, but the very first sentence has to be right. As with all of these things, I let them percolate in the back of my mind until they are matched with the appropriate answer/solution. This one just happened to be there for a few years. One less pot cooking in an overflowing kitchen. Of course, now I have to actually write it. I managed to pen a few pages and create my general structure. Patience and perseverance are key, you can't force creativity-- it will be right, when it's time to be right. As for the title of this post, I guarantee 3/4: "The" will be represented; I am American; and it will be a Novel. Also, I promise that it will be better than my postings to this blog... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home