Monday, January 09, 2006

first, second, third

First, a big thank you goes out to Bethany for commenting on a poem. Yay! You win, well, nothing, but you do get marquee billing at the top of a blog post. I hope that doesn't discourage you or any others from providing wonderful commentary in the future. I really do like receiving feedback on my writing, since it's kind of depressing to throw so much of myself out there and then sit back and listen to crickets chirp [I don't live in the country, I just have a soundtrack of crickets on itunes that I have on repeat].

Second, I feel like less of a putz than I did earlier today. Yay, again, but more muted this time because my moroninity [yes, new word, you read it here first] is still lurking, waiting for the right moment to kidnap the one lonely brain cell that allows me to pass for a mammal. Now you know the secret of politics, this is how politicians are able to perform the way they do. This is why I am personally destined for greatness, I am very, very stupid. Hmm, I'll have to work on the feeling sorry part, I don't think I'm supposed to have a conscience.

Third, everything should be in three's. Yay, yay, yay. It's a running structure I use in my writing; take a look in the archives and you'll notice a lot of use of triplets (descriptions, verses, etc.). Why? Three is the most stable geometric design-- argh, too deep for even me, abort, abort. This is why it's probably best I didn't finish my mathematical treatise on entropy. Sigh, if only I had someone to talk about poetry and all of this with... Oh well, I'll just debate whether to read Programming Perl (I hate Perl) or Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks. Why can't they be more lyrical? For example, pg. 223, figure 6-3, 5 - "The MLS-RP receives the frame and consults the routing table." yawn. I take that back, it is kinda interesting, but it doesn't read very well. How about instead, "The MLS-RP gently received the frame, cradling the packet like a mother a child, and consults the constellation's routing table, looking where layer 2's love is filed." Huh? Not bad, right? I should quit work and begin my new career as a Technical Writer? They already don't let me back in the karaoke bar, so I have to quit my day job for something... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home