Sunday, January 15, 2006

Eating Crow

After yesterday's particularly exuberant post and several weeks of leading up to this, it might cross your mind that I would delete them to expunge my failed prediction from the record. No, instead I sit here with my cap humbly in my hand (metaphorically speaking) and acknowledge that we lost to the Seahawks. They played a good game, shut down our run, and threw off the offense's rhythm enough that we couldn't fully capitalize on 3 turnovers. Missed FG in the 4th quarter didn't help much either; that would've had us down by 4; 17-13-- at that point, another FG and a TD would've had us at my prediction, but the ill winds of fate (and a shanked kick) planned otherwise.

I just read an article about a pill they are developing that can ease the trauma of an intense memory. Since it was short and fairly uninformative, I can only guess that you take it within so many hours of the incident and it prevents your brain from making as many synaptic connections to the memory. Of course, since this is just a first step, I wonder where this will end up? Maybe something like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

4 Comments:

Blogger Psyche said...

Hey goofy! You are supposed to link to the article - not the movie!!

15 January, 2006 11:12  
Blogger brio said...

it was f/ the newspaper. perhaps i should find the article online and link to it... nope, on to the next idea.

--goofy

15 January, 2006 11:58  
Blogger Psyche said...

thpthpthp... otherwise i wonder if you are just making things up to chat about... ;)

15 January, 2006 13:32  
Blogger brio said...

my next post will be dedicated to this attack on my journalistic veracity.

15 January, 2006 16:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home