Sunday, January 29, 2006

Checking back in

It has been awhile since I've posted, but I have a great excuse, I've been in Michigan. Grand Rapids to be specific. Yay work. Flew out Wednesday on the worst itinerary in existence-- apparently nobody wants to go to MI in the middle of the week. I left for the airport a little after noon and got to GR at almost 10PM. Not because anything was delayed, but because of my layover and flight times. Since then, it's the usual busy-bee work of travel where I try to wring every last second of work out of the day and no matter how long I stay, I never can seem to get it all. It appears that I managed to score a win with saving some decent-sized money on someone else's project licensing-- we'll find out if it hangs in there through this week (95% likely). This upcoming week should be interesting-- working on getting my new US team member up to speed so she can begin to fully step into the corporate role I hired her for and having my UK team expert come out to assist, then they both fly out to NY to see if this whole system we've been working on can actually work at our pilot site.

Other than that, this is my first weekend in GR. It's been rainy and cold. It's been a good weekend, I thought I would get a little more work done, but the spirit wasn't willing. Too much time in one's hotel room really saps your will to accomplish anything professionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home